Announcing the 2016 Komen Central Georgia BigWigs
Residents of Central Georgia will soon see 10 local leaders wearing bright pink wigs, all in an effort to spread the mission as well as raise funds for Susan G. Komen Central Georgia®.
Susan G. Komen Central Georgia is launching the 2016 BigWigs campaign to engage local community leaders as representatives in the fight against breast cancer. From June 6 to June 30, the “BigWigs” will individually raise or give at least a minimum of $1,000, which will be used to fund access to essential breast health services and education programs in Central Georgia, and support research to find the cures for breast cancer.
So, who are the 2016 Susan G. Komen Central Georgia BigWigs? They are:
- Kimberlyn Carter – CEO of Carter Strategies, LLC
- Marvin James – Sports Anchor at 13WMAZ
- Amber Jones – Marketing Account Manager at Amerigroup
- Dr. Cheryl Jones – Medical Oncologist at Georgia Cancer Specialists
- Kevin Kerr – Director of Hockey Operations, Macon Mayhem
- Thelma Lane – Beautician at Hidden Images Salon
- Chrissy Legg – Beautician at Hidden Images Salon
- Lisa McKinney – Claims Supervisor at Geico
- Dr. Keith Martin – General Surgeon, Medical Director of Coliseum Breast Center
- Chris Tsavatewa – Middle Georgia State University—Office of Experiential Learning & QEP
On June 8, the community will have a chance to meet and mingle with the BigWigs from 6 to 8 p.m. at Wild Wings Café located at the Shoppes at River Crossing.
Since 2000, the Affiliate has invested more than $1.9 million into the local community through community grants to local non-profits organizations. Komen Central Georgia has also invested over $725,000 in national breast cancer research. Together with sister affiliates across the country, Susan G. Komen has invested $840 million in breast cancer research through more than 2400 research grants and 450 clinical trials.
For more information about the campaign, or to donate to the 2016 Susan G. Komen Central Georgia BigWigs campaign online, please visit www.komencentralga.org/bigwigs.