Community Impact

Susan G. Komen® Central Georgia is a local source for funding breast cancer detection, support and breast health education in 8 Central Georgia counties. Through annual events including the Race for the Cure and individual contributions, Komen Central Georgia raises funds that enable individuals to detect and survive breast cancer. The Affiliate distributes 75 percent of its net income to fund local community-based programs. The remaining 25 percent funds national research to find the cures for breast cancer. In the past seventeen years, Komen Central Georgia has raised more than $2.5 million to fund the fight against breast cancer. 

Komen Central Georgia is proud to support five community breast health projects for the period from April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016. Projects were selected by our independent review panel as those that will have the greatest impact on the Central Georgia community. These programs and services were selected based on Komen Central Georgia’s funding priorities.